My Top 10 Favorite American Idol Album Covers

Target knew what was up! ;)

Can they bring this idea back in March when American Idol returns? PLEASE.

My Personal Top 10 Idols: Haley Reinhart, Kris Allen, Allison Iraheta, David Archuleta, David Cook, Hollie Cavanagh, Kelly Clarkson, Dalton Rapattoni, Avalon Young, and Melinda Doolittle.

Here you will read about my personal favorite American Idol alumni album cover art. I'm a photographer and have always loved music and photos together. It was only a matter of time before I made this Top 10 list. :)








10. Daughtry- Leave This Town



First off is Daughtry's sophomore album "Leave This Town." I like the ghostly image at the top showing Chris and his (at the time) whole band. The font for his name is very original. Looks like it has a rock & roll quality to it. Easily his best album art from his current discography.




9. Allison Iraheta- Just Like You



Ah, Allison. Allison. My first American Idol super fan moment occurred during season 8 of American Idol. I eagerly awaited her debut as soon as I heard she was signed. I was even a member of her street team the AllieKatz. Anyway. Back to album art! I like the pop of color Allison's debut album "Just Like You" has. The font for her name is and will remain one of my all-time favorite fonts used for an artist from Idol.

8. Melinda Doolittle- Coming Back to You



Melinda was my very first Idol favorite. Her album art for "Coming Back to You" is simple, but impactful. Black and white photos can be hit or miss in the music world (More miss than hit if you ask me...) and hers just knocks it out of the park. The whole retro theme is very cool, and hers is the only AI album to my knowledge that features the names of all the songs on the front of the cover.

7. Kris Allen- Thank You Camellia



Kris remains my fave male solo singer from Idol. His sophomore album "Thank You Camellia" features himself, a camellia bush, and his loyal pup Zorro. I had the original t-shirt for this album cover at one point. At first, this cover art took some getting used to. However. It's simple colors, and design has grown on me.


6. Haley Reinhart- Listen Up!


This is the deluxe version of "Listen Up!" The only difference from the original is the font color. It's purple instead of pink.

Haley is my all time favorite female from AI. Her debut album "Listen Up!" is easily the best to come off the show. The art was Haley's idea. From the Instagram filter lighting, to the bright and sunny colors, to the unique text art, it remains a personal favorite of mine.

5. Carrie Underwood- Play On



Idol fan confession time... I don't own ANY Carrie Underwood music. Not a one. However, this album art from 2009's "Play On" has always stuck out to me as her best. It's very pretty all around, and easy to look at. I love the lighting as well.

4. James Durbin- Memories of a Beautiful Disaster



James' debut album "Memories of a Beautiful Disaster" is without a doubt what David Cook's solo debut "David Cook" was going for in the mysterious rocker motive. Whoever did the graphics for this photos deserves some award of merit for its overall grungy visual impact.



3. Phillip Phillips- Behind the Light



Phillips' sophomore album "Behind The Light" is easily the most colorful of all the singer songwriter's to come off of the show. My personal fave for a winner's record I don't even own. The visual has a classic rock vinyl vibe that I just love.


2. David Archuleta- Postcards in The Sky



David's (AKA Archie) most current release (2017) is without a doubt meant for vinyl. And the only one on my list that doesn't feature a photo of the Idol in general. I love the images of the night sky, the font is easily his best to date. Hoping for this to be David's first vinyl release in the future. Crossing my fingers!

1. Kelly Clarkson- My December


Kelly. THE QUEEN OF ALL IDOLS. Ahem, "My December" (AKA Her second best album after 2017's "Meaning of Life.") the best photoshoot done for an Idol in the history of the show. Makes sense that the best would also involve the first winner. From its moody imaging, to her beautiful dress, the long creepy staircase. ALL. OF. IT. This album art has yet to be topped by an Idol winner, runner-up, or top 10 finalist. And never will. In my opinion.

Now that you've read this list... Here are my honorable mentions!

Six Honorable Runner-Ups

1. Casey Abrams- Casey Abrams



2. Scotty McCreery- Clear As Day 



3. Haley Reinhart- What's That Sound?



4. Haley Reinhart- American Idol Season 10 Highlights EP




5. David Archuleta- No Matter How Far



6. Kris Allen- Horizons



Comments

Popular Posts